Stone Soup Theatre’s DownStage hosts our season and is also available for rentals. Stone Soup Theatre is available for live theatre performances, fundraising events, classes rehearsals or business meetings. Email the Rental Manager at email@example.com for more information.
Resident Rental Benefits:
Now taking applications for Resident renters for 2015/16
Stone Soup Theatre has created a model to support independent theater groups as resident theater renters.
Resident renters will share many of the benefits given to those able to afford and maintain a theater space. It is our intention to share the wealth of many years of patron support and invite our audiences to enjoy the work of our established resident companies, so that a new energy is brought to Stone Soup. We have produced successfully for 20 years and have faced financial challenges not uncommon in the arts. This chapter is a part of our evolution of success and is as exciting as the many past years have been.
Resident companies are those companies who rent at least twice in a season. The benefits are as follows:
- 2 weeks of free rehearsal time, at (4-5 times a week) included in total package. These are the weeks leading up to but not including actual tech hours which are charged at $10.00 per hour. In addition the complimentary rehearsal time is not exclusive use of space but determined according to Stone Soup scheduling. The Monday prior to opening week-end is exclusive use of space.
- 2 weeks of set building time, and storage of set with use of Stone Soup platforms and flats. (Designated hours for building times with respect to renters in the businesses over the building shed.)
- Web-site inclusion under residents as a separate tab, and access to Stone Soup’s established data base of 3800 patrons.
- One entire window during each run for advertising. Window will be specified and designed with signage for Resident companies.
- Storage of props and stage manager equipment during rehearsal will be given a secured spot for storage.
Resident companies will be required to provide general insurance, equipment and tools for building. The agreement also requires renting at a minimum of 3 weeks at $185.00 per show plus 5% of box office receipts. A three show minimum per week is needed. We welcome Evan Ritter as our new rental manager. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from all companies looking for a home.
Standard Prices are:
- $185 per performance
- $10 per hour for rehearsals
- $25 per hour for class rentals
- $40 per hour for Business Meetings
- Corporate rate: $450.00 for a full day and $300.00 for half day events
The DownStage is approximately 2200 sq. ft. in a 3/4 thrust configuration, with 600 additional sq. ft. for dressing room and concessions, seating up to 50 people for performances or up to 80 when used for meetings or presentations.